Monday, May 12, 2014

Two accused in ragging case still on the run

NOIDA: Nearly three weeks after a teenager was reportedly ragged brutally by seniors at a private institution here, police are yet to make any arrests. While two of the accused are on the run, the traumatized 18-year-old victim who had allegedly been slapped 400 times on camera and molested, claimed his life has been ruined by the incident. His family has slammed Asian School of Graphics and Animation (ASGA) for not safeguarding their son and have refused to allow him to return to the institute.

Police said several teams have conducted raids and visited Gorakhpur and Jalandhar to apprehend the accused. "Our teams have been conducting raids but so far we have not been able to make any arrests," said Shivram Yadav, DSP, Noida. "We had apprehended a third accused, who was a minor and produced him in the juvenile court. He has been released on bail," the DSP added.

Meanwhile, the victim told TOI that he has to appear for the university exams. "I have yet to complete much of my syllabus for my first-year exams next month. I do not know how I will be able to clear my papers as the incident disrupted my studies," he said.

"I am also worried as police have not yet arrested the people who ragged me. My parents are also concerned about my welfare," he said.

The victim's father excoriated police and the institute for putting his son in such a situation, and said he was contemplating fighting a legal battle till the guilty were punished and alleged that he had not received any assistance from ASGA which, he claimed, was trying to pressure him to accept a compromise.

The alleged ragging incident had come to light on April 17, when the first-year student alleged that he was thrashed and threatened with dire consequences by three seniors who had recorded a video clip of the torture and then blackmailed him for money.

No comments:

Post a Comment